Buddleja davidii 'Butterfly Tower'
(Butterfly Bush) New to us, Buddleja davidii 'Butterfly Tower' is a strongly upright, small to medium sized shrub with masses of rich magenta flowers in summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
New to us, Buddleja davidii 'Butterfly Tower' is a strongly upright, small to medium sized shrub with masses of rich magenta flowers in summer. The flowers are popular with bees and butterflies. The leaves are mid green in colour. The narrow, upright habit makes this Buddleja particularly suitable for gardens with limited space.
Best flower display once established if planted in a position with some shelter from strong winds and plenty of sun. Can be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Flower Colour: Purple
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Small to medium sized, narrow shrub.
- Height: up to 1.5 m - 2 m ( (5 ft- 6ft)
- Spread: 0.8 - 1 m (2 - 3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), To grow in a pot, Habit - Narrow