Buddleja alternifolia 'Argentea'
(Weeping Butterfly Bush) Buddleja alternifolia 'Argentea' is a handsome flowering shrub with arching branches and leaves covered white very fine, white hairs making them appear silvery in colour.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Buddleja alternifolia 'Argentea' is a handsome flowering shrub with arching branches and leaves covered white very fine, white hairs making them appear silvery in colour. handsome lilac-purple flowers in late spring or early summer.
Lovely garden plant which can be trained up a supporting thin stake/bamboo cane or on wires against a sunny wall or fence to create a particularly good weeping display of branches.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Buddleja alternifolia 'Argentea' will not usually do well in wet or waterlogged soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Enjoys some protection from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Lilac
- Rate of Growth: Moderate
- Habit: Medium sized, rounded shrub with long, arching branches.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft) - 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- Pruning: Buddleja alternifolia 'Argentea' benefits from some thinning and pruning of older branches after flowering to prevent them becoming tangled and untidy.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot