Buddleja × weyeriana 'Honeycomb'
(Butterfly Bush) An eye-catching shrub, Buddleja x weyeriana 'Honeycomb' has arching branches and lightly scented clusters of honey-yellow flowers in summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An eye-catching shrub, Buddleja x weyeriana 'Honeycomb' has arching branches and lightly scented clusters of honey-yellow flowers in summer. These flowers are very popular with bees/butterflies and stand out well against the mid green leaves.
Popular and reliable shrub with excellent mid-late summer interest with best flower display when planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Honey-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Buddleja x weyeriana 'Honeycomb' grows to be a medium or eventually large branching, rounded shrub if left unpruned.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Pruning: To encourage flowering and keep a tidy habit, prune Buddleja x weyeriana 'Honeycomb' back hard to a bud in February or March.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), To grow in a pot