(Butterfly Bush) Native to China, Buddleja lindleyana is a medium sized, deciduous shrub with arching branches and long, curved panicles of purple-violet flowers in late summer or autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to China, Buddleja lindleyana is a medium sized, deciduous shrub with arching branches and long, curved panicles of purple-violet flowers in late summer or autumn. The leaves are oval and dark green in colour with yellow tints in autumn before they fall.
Buddleja lindleyana is reasonably hardy but is most suitable for well drained soil and a warm, sunny position sheltered from cold winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained or dry soil. Dislikes wet or waterlogged sites.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Require shelter from wind in cold or exposed areas.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Violet purple.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Buddleja lindleyana grows to be a medium sized upright shrub with arching branches.
- Height: up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), To grow in a pot
You might also likeNew Price Each £18.00
New Price Each £22.95New Price Each £15.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £17.50New Price Each £22.50Regular price £12.95 -10% New Price Each £11.66
New Price Each £9.95
- On sale!