Buddleja davidii 'Glasnevin'
(Butterfly Bush) An elegant shrub, Buddleja davidii 'Glasnevin' has slender branches covered with panicles of china blue flowers in mid to late summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An elegant shrub, Buddleja davidii 'Glasnevin' has slender branches covered with panicles of china blue flowers in mid to late summer. The flowers are popular with bees and butterflies. Grey-green summer leaves.
Buddleja 'Glasnevin' is an eye-catching flowering shrub, most suited to a position in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: China blue.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Buddleja 'Glasnevin' grows to be a small to medium sized, rounded shrub if left unpruned.
- Height: up to 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft)
- Spread: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft)
- Pruning: To encourage flowering and keep a tidy habit, prune Buddleja 'Glasnevin' back hard to a bud in February or March.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), To grow in a pot
You might also like