Buddleja 'Purple Splendour'
(Butterfly Bush) With racemes of fragrant and long lasting, dark purple flowers through summer into early autumn, Buddleja 'Purple Splendour' is a handsome new selection.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
With racemes of fragrant and long lasting, dark purple flowers through summer into early autumn, Buddleja 'Purple Splendour' is a handsome new selection. The leaves are mid green in colour and this grows with a compact, upright habit.
Tough and reliable, Buddleja 'Purple Splendour' will flower best in a position with plenty of sunlight.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Flower Colour: Dark Purple.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Buddleja 'Purple Splendour' grows to be a compact, upright, small to medium sized shrub.
- Height: up to 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- Pruning: To encourage flowering and keep a tidy habit, prune Buddleja 'Purple Splendour' back hard to a bud in February or March.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Scented, To grow in a pot
You might also like