(Butterfly Bush) An attractive shrub found as seedling at Lochinch Castle in Scotland, Buddleja 'Lochinch' has long fragrant clusters of lilac-blue flowers with orange eyes in mid to late summer, sometimes into autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An attractive shrub found as seedling at Lochinch Castle in Scotland, Buddleja 'Lochinch' has long fragrant clusters of lilac-blue flowers with orange eyes in mid to late summer, sometimes into autumn. The leaves are light silvery-green in colour.
Buddleja 'Lochinch' is an eye-catching flowering shrub, most suited to a position in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Lilac-blue.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Buddleja 'Lochinch' grows to be a medium to large branching, rounded shrub if left unpruned.
- Height: up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Pruning: To encourage flowering and keep a tidy habit, prune Buddleja 'Lochinch' back hard to a bud in February or March.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Scented, To grow in a pot
You might also like