- On sale!
Buddleja davidii 'Orpheus'
(Butterfly Bush) New to us, Buddleja davidii 'Orpheus' has long racemes with masses of lovely deep blue flowers, each with an orange eye.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
New to us, Buddleja davidii 'Orpheus' has long racemes with masses of lovely deep blue flowers, each with an orange eye. Very popular with bees and butterflies.
Buddleja davidii 'Orpheus' is an eye-catching flowering shrub, most suited to a position in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Dark lilac-blue.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Buddleja davidii 'Orpheus' grows to be a large branching, rounded shrub if left unpruned.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Pruning: To encourage flowering and keep a tidy habit, prune Buddleja davidii 'Orpheus' back hard to a bud in February or March.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), To grow in a pot
You might also like