Buddleja davidii 'Pink Delight'
(Butterfly Bush) A new introduction, Buddleja davidii 'Pink Delight' has masses of long, lightly scented, bright pink flowers in summer.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A new introduction, Buddleja davidii 'Pink Delight' has masses of long, lightly scented, bright pink flowers in summer. The leaves are pale green and the long lasting flowers are popular with bees and butterflies.
Popular and reliable large shrub with excellent summer interest.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Bright pink.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Buddleja davidii 'Pink Delight' grows to be a large branching, rounded shrub if left unpruned.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Pruning: To encourage flowering and keep a tidy habit, prune Buddleja davidii 'Pink Delight' back hard to a bud in February or March.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), To grow in a pot