Betula x 'Edinburgh'
(Himalayan Birch) New to us, Betula x 'Edinburgh' is a vigorous, upright tree with handsome white peeling bark once established.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
(Himalayan Birch) New to us, Betula x 'Edinburgh' is a vigorous, upright, reasonably narrow tree with handsome white peeling bark once established. The summer leaves are green with some yellow autumn colour before falling. A young specimen in our gardens here has bark colouring up nicely after after a few years.
Best in a position with full sun and decent drainage.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous (moderate if grown as a multi-stemmed tree)
- Habit: Betula x 'Edinburgh' grows to be a medium sized, slender tree.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Notes: A cross hybrid between Betula utilis and Betula albosinensis originally found growing in Edinburgh Botanical Garden.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Catkins, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, Habit - Narrow