Betula albosinensis 'Conyngham'
(Chinese Red Birch) This graceful selection of Chinese Birch is thought to have arisen as a seed of Betula albosinensis 'Septentrionalis' and has beautiful pink and silvery-pink bark that fades to cream and white.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
This graceful selection of Chinese Birch is thought to have arisen as a seed of Betula albosinensis 'Septentrionalis' and has beautiful pink and silvery-pink bark..
Betula albosinensis 'Conyngham' is also notable for having exceptionally long, yellow-green catkins which hang from its branches in late spring. An excellent small to medium sized tree that can be grown as a single or multistemmed specimen.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous (moderate if grown as a multi-stemmed tree)
- Habit: Betula albosinensis 'Conyngham' grows to be a medium sized tree with a slender habit.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Windy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark, Catkins, Rare and Unusual