Berberis thunbergii 'Maria'
(Barberry) Berberis thunbergii 'Maria' is an unusual, narrow shrub handsome golden summer leaves which turn intense shades of orange and red in autumn before falling.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual, narrow Berberis with handsome golden summer leaves which turn intense shades of orange and red in autumn before falling. The golden foliage is resistant to scorch ad does not burn in summer sunshine.
Berberis thunbergii 'Maria' is will have its best display of golden foliage if planted in a sunny position and can be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Berberis thunbergii 'Aurea' grows to be a compact, small, upright shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: 0.5 m (1 - 2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Autumn Colour, Habit - Narrow, To grow in a pot
- On sale!