(Chilean Barberry) A rare and handsome evergreen shrub native to Chile, Berberis valdiviana has has pendulous racemes of golden-yellow flowers in spring.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A rare and handsome evergreen shrub native to Chile, Berberis valdiviana has pendulous racemes of golden-yellow flowers in spring. The dark green leaves are glossy and make an excellent foil for the colourful flowers.
Suitable for a position in sun or light, dappled shade ideally with shelter from strong wind.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Most soils (avoid areas prone to water-logging)
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Berberis valdiviana grows to be a medium to large, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like