(Barberry) A rare plant in the UK, Berberis hypokerina is an evergreen shrub with dark green prickly leaves and once established clusters of pale yellow flowers in spring.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare plant in the UK, Berberis hypokerina is an evergreen shrub with dark green prickly leaves and once established clusters of pale yellow flowers in spring.
Berberis hypokerina is slow growing with a compact, rounded habit once established. Shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Most well drained, fertile soil. Berberis hypokerina does not usually enjoy wet or waterlogged soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Pale-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Berberis hypokerina grows to be a compact small or medium sized shrub.
- Height: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft)
- Spread: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot