(Barberry) An interesting, dense evergreen shrub native to parts of China, Berberis candidula has masses of pale yellow flowers in spring, followed by oval, dark purple fruit in late summer or autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An interesting, dense evergreen shrub native to parts of China, Berberis candidula has masses of pale yellow flowers in spring, followed by oval, dark purple fruit in late summer or autumn.
An unusual, small evergreen shrub suitable for a position in sun or partial shade.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Berberis candidula grows to be a small to medium sized shrub with arching branches and a reasonably upright habit. Can be lightly pruned to reduce the end size if required.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot
You might also likeNew Price Each £12.95New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £65.00
New Price Each £9.95Regular price £12.95 -20% New Price Each £10.36
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00
- On sale!