Berberis thunbergii 'Rose Glow'
(Barberry) Berberis thunbergii 'Rose Glow' is a small to medium sized shrub which has young leaves that are purple as they emerge and within a few weeks begin to show pleasing swirls of pink and cream variegation.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An eye-catching shrub which has young leaves that are purple as they emerge and within a few weeks begin to show pleasing swirls of pink and cream variegation. This colourful variegation lasts all summer.
In the autumn the leaves turn shades of glowing-red before falling. The best foliar effects are enhanced by occasional judicious pruning! Pale yellow flowers in spring are followed by small, shiny red fruit later in the year.
Berberis thunbergii 'Rose Glow' grows to be a colourful, low maintenance foliage plant!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Pale yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: A medium sized, spreading shrub with arching branches.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Prune Berberis thunbergii 'Rose Glow' to shape in late autumn or winter if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Leaf Colour - Variegated, To grow in a pot, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
You might also likeNew Price Each £12.95New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £35.00