(Australian Snowdrop Tree) Beautiful flowering, evergreen tree which is native to parts of South-east Australia and Tasmania, Atherosperma moschatum has narrow, long, finely toothed, leathery leaves.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Beautiful flowering, evergreen tree which is native to parts of South-east Australia and Tasmania, Atherosperma moschatum has narrow, long , finely toothed, leathery leaves. These leaves are aromatic when crushed, dark green on the upper surface and silvery (covered with fine white hairs) on the underside.
Masses of creamy-white and wonderfully scented flowers appear on the branches in spring. An unusual plant in the U.K., which is suitable for growing outside only for very warm gardens.
- Position: Very warm in full sun.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Frost tender. Atherosperma moschatum requires shelter from cold wind and protection from frost, even as an established plant in the U.K.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a small tree with a densely branched crown in the U.K.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Please bear in mind that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will not replace an Atherosperma which is damaged or killed in cold winter weather.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers