Astrantia major 'Rosea'
(Masterwort) Astrantia major 'Rosea' is a lovely perennial which grows to form a low mound with rose pink flowers in mid to late summer.
A lovely perennial which grows to form a low mound with rose pink flowers in mid to late summer. Flowers best in a position with full sun or light, dappled shade. The flowers are popular with bees and butterflies.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Astrantia major 'Rosea' grows to be a small to medium sized, spreading perennial.
- Height: up to 30 - 50 cm (1 - 2 ft)
- Spread: 40 - 60 cm (1 - 2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m), Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer