Aster amellus 'King George'
(Italian Aster) Aster amellus 'King George' is a superb clump forming perennial with green summer leaves and large, eye-catching violet-blue flowers with a golden-yellow centre in late summer and autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Aster amellus 'King George' is a superb tidy, clump forming perennial with green summer leaves and large, eye-catching violet-blue flowers with a golden-yellow centre in late summer and autumn.
Best flower display if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Aster amellus 'King George' is notably tolerant of dry soil conditions.
- Flowering Period: August - October.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Aster amellus 'King George' grows to be a medium sized, clump forming perennial.
- Height: 40 - 60 cm ( 1 - 2 ft)
- Spread: 50 cm (1 - 1 1/2 ft)
- Notes: Aster amellus 'King George' usually benefits from staking early in the year. Deadheading will prolong the flowering period.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Medium, Herbaceous - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November)
- On sale!