(Pawpaw) Not to be confused with the tropical fruit, Asimina triloba is a large leaved, medium to large, shrub from North America has strange, lurid-purple flowers in early summer.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Not to be confused with the tropical fruit, Asimina triloba is a large leaved, medium to large, shrub from North America has strange, lurid-purple flowers in early summer.
Asimina triloba is most suited to a warm, sheltered position, where it can produce 3-5 inches long, bottle shaped, edible, yellow fruits. Avoid planting in cold, wet or exposed areas. Can be slow growing when young and not for instant gratification.
- Position: Warm in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Asimina triloba requires shelter from cold winter winds and may be damaged in cold winters. Best by planted by a sheltered wall or fence in cold areas.
- Flowering Period: May - June
- Flower Colour: Purple
- Rate of Growth: Moderate
- Habit: Asimina triloba grows to large shrub or small tree.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £25.00New Price Each £12.95
New Price Each £25.00New Price Each £18.95New Price Each £47.50New Price Each £14.95
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00