Amelanchier canadensis 'Prince William'
(Service Berry) A handsome dwarf selection, Amelanchier canadensis 'Prince William' grows to be a medium sized branching shrub with masses of white flower in Spring.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A handsome dwarf selection, Amelanchier canadensis 'Prince William' grows to be a medium sized branching shrub with masses of white flower in Spring. The follows are followed by small purple/black fruit in June which are popular with birds. The leaves are dark green with orange and red autumn colours.
Amelanchier canadensis 'Prince William' will usually flower best in a sunny position and can be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Amelanchier 'Prince William' grows to be a vase-shaped, branching, small or eventually medium sized shrub.
- Height: 2 - 3 m (6 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot, Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
You might also like