Amelanchier 'La Paloma'
(Snowy mespilus) A new and striking small tree, Amelanchier 'La Paloma' has masses of pure white flowers in spring, which stand out well against the coppery-bronze young leaves.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A new and striking small tree, Amelanchier 'La Paloma' has masses of pure white flowers in spring, which stand out well against the coppery-bronze young leaves. These leaves darken to green as they age in summer and finally turn vivid shades of orange and red in a good, crisp autumn.
An excellent flowering small tree with interest through the year, suitable for nearly any garden size.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Amelanchier 'La Paloma' will have notably more intense autumn colour when planted in slightly acid soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Amelanchier 'La Paloma' grows to be a very small tree with a dense, rounded crown.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: Amelanchier 'La Paloma' is very ornamental and gives interest from spring until autumn each year.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Autumn Colour
You might also like