Amelanchier 'La Paloma'
(Snowy mespilus) A new and striking small tree, Amelanchier 'La Paloma' has masses of pure white flowers in spring, which stand out well against the coppery-bronze young leaves.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A new and striking small tree, Amelanchier 'La Paloma' has masses of pure white flowers in spring, which stand out well against the coppery-bronze young leaves. These leaves darken to green as they age in summer and finally turn vivid shades of orange and red in a good, crisp autumn.
An excellent flowering small tree with interest through the year, suitable for nearly any garden size.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Amelanchier 'La Paloma' will have notably more intense autumn colour when planted in slightly acid soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Amelanchier 'La Paloma' grows to be a very small tree with a dense, rounded crown.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: Amelanchier 'La Paloma' is very ornamental and gives interest from spring until autumn each year.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Spring