Alnus incana 'Aurea'
(Golden Alder) A hardy small tree, Alnus incana 'Aurea' has golden leaves and superb yellowish-red tinted catkins in early spring.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A hardy small tree, Alnus incana 'Aurea' has golden leaves and superb yellowish-red tinted catkins in early spring. The leaves are a warm golden-green in summer and once the leaves have fallen in autumn, yellowish-orange bare shoots become visible in winter.
An invaluable tree for year round interest, especially for difficult damp situations.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Will tolerate wet conditions
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Alnus incana 'Aurea' will grow to be a small conical tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: The leaves of this tree will turn a stronger more vivid shade of golden-yellow if it is planted in a sunny position.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Catkins, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow
You might also like