One of the very best plants for attracting bees and butterflies, this is an unusual, evergreen shrub with dark green leaves and long lasting, large, flattened, white flower heads in late summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
One of the very best plants for attracting bees and butterflies, this is an unusual, evergreen shrub with dark green leaves and long lasting, large, flattened, white flower heads in late summer. These flowers can last well until late autumn or even Christmas in a very mild year and are very popular with insects.
Ageratina ligustrina is a charming evergreen shrub, excellent as part of a flowering border and good for attracting wildlife into a garden!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Ageratina ligustrina should be planted in a warm area, sheltered from cold winter winds and protected from severe frost.
- Flowering Period: August - November.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized branching shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft) - 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Important: Please also note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will NOT replace a Ageratina ligustrina which is damaged or killed by winter cold. This plant is also known as Eupatorium micranthum.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also like