Aesculus pavia 'Atrosanguinea'
(Red Buckeye) A beautiful small tree with slender, upright panicles of deep scarlet red flowers up to 10 - 15 cm long in early summer.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
A beautiful small tree with slender, upright panicles of deep scarlet red flowers up to 10 - 15 cm long in early summer. These flowers are a deeper red than the species Aesculus pavia and very attractive. The leaves are glossy green and provide a good backdrop to the colourful flowers.
This is slow growing and has a reasonably bushy habit, making it suitable for planting in large containers and also makes a fine large shrub or small garden tree.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Scarlet
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Aesculus pavia 'Atrosanguinea' grows to be a large, rounded shrub.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small, Shrub - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual
- On sale!