Acer palmatum 'Seiryu'
(Japanese Maple) Acer palmatum 'Seiryu' is a handsome large shrub or eventually very small, rounded tree with deeply cut green leaves which turn vivid shades of orange and red in autumn before falling.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
The name 'Seiryu' as it is called in Japanese, translates to mean roughly Green Dragon and this maple is known for its graceful, upright habit, deeply cut leaves and excellent autumn colour.
The rich green leaves are tinged with red when they emerge in spring and turn shades of dark orange, plum purple, orange or red in the autumn before falling. Acer palmatum var. dissectum 'Seiryu' is a classic maple, ideal for a mixed border or for planting as a standalone shrub.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum var. dissectum 'Seiryu' appreciates shelter from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum var. dissectum 'Seiryu' grows to be a large branching, rounded shrub or eventually very small tree.
- up to 4 m (13 ft)
- 4 m (13 ft) /
- Notes: Acer palmatum var. dissectum 'Seiryu' is has similar leaves to Acer palmatum var dissectum 'Viridis' but will grow to be a taller, more upright shrub.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot
You might also like