Acer palmatum 'Sango-kaku'
(Coral Bark Maple) A sensational maple, Acer palmatum 'Sango-kaku' has bright red winter stems and golden-green leaves in summer which turn a dramatic shades of apricot-yellow in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A sensational maple, Acer palmatum 'Sango-kaku' has bright red winter stems and golden-green leaves in summer which turn a dramatic shades of apricot-yellow in autumn.
One of our favourite maples and an excellent all year round garden plant! After the leaves fall the eye-catching, red and pink, coral coloured bark becomes visible and this lasts all winter until the new leaves emerge in the following spring.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. In our experience, the autumn colour will be more vivid when planted on acidic soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Sango-kaku' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Sango-kaku' grows to be a large shrub or very small tree with a somewhat upright form once established.
- up to 6 m (20 ft) /
- 5 m (16 ft) /
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, To grow in a pot, Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow