Acer palmatum 'Butterfly'
(Japanese Maple) A dainty maple with eye-catching spring foliage, Acer palmatum 'Butterfly' has fine, light green leaves edged with attractive pink and white variegation.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A dainty maple with eye-catching spring foliage, Acer palmatum 'Butterfly' has fine, light green leaves edged with attractive pink and white variegation. The leaves turn shades of orange and red before falling in the autumn time.
Acer palmatum 'Butterfly' is fairly slow growing and grows best in a position with light, dappled or partial shade, as the delicate variegated leaves can scorch in the summer time if planted in full sun.
- Position: Light dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Butterfly' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft). [1.5 m after 10 years]
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft). [1.5 m after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Variegated, To grow in a pot
- On sale!