Acer palmatum 'Garnet'
(Japanese Maple) Acer palmatum 'Garnet' is a popular maple ideal for small gardens which is grown for its deeply divided, rich purple-red leaves and dome-like habit.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A popular maple ideal for small gardens which is grown for its deeply divided, rich purple-red leaves and dome-like habit. The garnet-coloured leaves hold their colour well in spring and summer, turn pleasing shades of yellow and orange in autumn before falling.
The low rounded habit makes this Acer particularly suitable for growing in a large tub or container and eye-catching when planted as part of a low border or next to a small stream or pond.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum var. dissectum 'Garnet' requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Acer palmatum var. dissectum 'Garnet' grows to be a small rounded shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft) / up to 1 m (3 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft) / up to 1.5 m (5 ft) after 10 years
- Notes: Please bear in mind that this slow growing Acer is not an instant specimen plant and will take at least several years (after planting/potting on) to grow and fill out into the distinctive rounded, mound-like habit.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Weeping, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
Click on a thumbnail to load the video
You might also like