Acer palmatum 'Deshojo'
(Japanese Maple) A handsome medium sized or eventually large shrub, Acer palmatum 'Deshojo' has distinctive bright red leaves in spring each year.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
In spring the young leaves of this classic maple cultivar emerge a vivid rich-red in colour. As summer progresses the older leaves darken to green but the young shoots are still tipped with burnished-red young leaves. 0
The leaves finally turn shades of red and orange in autumn before falling. An excellent foliage plant, Acer palmatum 'Deshojo' gives early colour to a garden and is one of the most traditional plants to be grow as a bonsai.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Deshojo' requires shelter from strong winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a large, rounded branching shrub or very small tree once established.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft) / [up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft) / [up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Purple/Red