Acer japonicum 'Vitifolium'
(Vine-leaved Maple) Known for its fantastic autumn colour, the leaves of Acer japonicum 'Vitifolium' are a distinctive, apple-green in spring / summer and similar in shape to those of a vine.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Known for its fantastic autumn colour, the leaves of Acer japonicum 'Vitifolium' are a distinctive, apple-green in spring / summer and similar in shape to those of a vine. These leaves turn rich-red and bright orange in a good, crisp autumn before falling. In spring it has small red flowers, similar in appearance to those of the Acer japonicum 'Aconitifolium'.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, neutral or slightly acid, fertile soil. Acer japonicum 'Vitifolium' will produce stronger autumn colours in a slightly acid soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow initially and then slow/moderate.
- Habit: Acer japonicum 'Vitifolium' grows to be a large branching shrub or eventually a very small tree.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft) / [up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / [up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot
You might also like