Acer japonicum 'Vitifolium'
(Vine-leaved Maple) Known for its fantastic autumn colour, the leaves of Acer japonicum 'Vitifolium' are a distinctive, apple-green in spring / summer and similar in shape to those of a vine.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Known for its fantastic autumn colour, the leaves of Acer japonicum 'Vitifolium' are a distinctive, apple-green in spring / summer and similar in shape to those of a vine. These leaves turn rich-red and bright orange in a good, crisp autumn before falling. In spring it has small red flowers, similar in appearance to those of the Acer japonicum 'Aconitifolium'.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, neutral or slightly acid, fertile soil. Acer japonicum 'Vitifolium' will produce stronger autumn colours in a slightly acid soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow initially and then slow/moderate.
- Habit: Acer japonicum 'Vitifolium' grows to be a large branching shrub or eventually a very small tree.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft) / [up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / [up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual