Acer cappadocicum 'Rubrum'
(Cappadocian Maple) Originally introduced in 1838, Acer cappadocicum 'Rubrum' is a medium sized tree with blood-red or claret young leaves in spring.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Originally introduced in 1838 this colourful tree remains uncommon in the United Kingdom and has blood-red or claret young leaves in spring. The older leaves gradually turn green and once again change colour in the autumn before falling, creating a rich & long-lasting tapestry of red and gold.
Acer cappadocicum 'Rubrum' is a handsome garden tree with exciting, colourful leaves.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous
- Habit: Acer cappadocicum 'Rubrum' grows to be a medium sized, spreading tree with a rounded crown once mature.
- Height: 18 m (60 ft) / [up to 8 m (26 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 12 m (40 ft) / [up to 6 m (20 ft) after 10 years]
- Notes: Occasional hard pruning of this Acer in spring will create a much lower, bushy plant with large amounts of spring foliage colour.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
You might also like