Acer cappadocicum 'Aureum'
(Golden Cappadocian Maple) Native to a vast area from the Caucasus to the Himalayas, Acer cappadocicum 'Aureum' is an eye-catching garden tree with claret tinted, golden-yellow young leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to a vast area from the Caucasus to the Himalayas, Acer cappadocicum 'Aureum' is an eye-catching garden tree with claret tinted, golden-yellow young leaves. These are very colourful initially and darken to light green in the summer, later on turning a rich butter yellow in autumn before they fall.
A handsome specimen garden tree or if pruned regularly, an eye-catching garden shrub.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Acer cappadocicum 'Aureum' grows to be a medium sized, spreading tree with a rounded crown once mature.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft) / [up to 6 m (20 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years]
- Notes: Occasional hard pruning of this Acer in spring will create a much lower, bushy plant with large amounts of spring foliage colour
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow