Acer palmatum 'Katsura'
Acer palmatum 'Katsura' is a handsome large shrub or eventually very small tree, grown for its fantastic display of vivid golden-yellow leaves in spring.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
One of the best maples for bright leaf colour in spring, Acer palmatum 'Katsura' has five lobed leaves which emerge golden-yellow, with an orange edge in spring. The leaves gradually fade to a dark green by the middle of summer, before once again turning a rich orange and yellow in autumn just before they fall.
Acer palmatum 'Katsura' will give its best display of colourful leaves in a position with full sun or light, dappled shade and some shelter from strong winds if possible.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Katsura' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Katsura' will eventually grow to be a graceful large, branching shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft) / up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft) / up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot
You might also like