Abies nordmanniana 'Aurea'
(Golden Fir) A rare and slow growing conifer which gradually develops into a small tree with lovely golden-yellow young leaves in Winter & spring which gradually turn more greenish-yellow in summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A rare evergreen conifer which gradually develops into a small tree with lovely golden-yellow young leaves in Winter & spring which gradually turn more greenish-yellow in summer.
beautiful once established but fairly Slow growing and not for instant gratification. May take a year or two to establish and develop a dominant main leading shoot once planted out. Best planted in dappled shade to avoid the leaves potentially scorching in hot summer weather.
- Position: Light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Abies nordmanniana 'Aurea' develops into a small, often conical tree once established.
- Height: up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) in many, many years.
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Gold/Yellow, Rare and Unusual