Abies nordmanniana 'Pendula'
(Weeping Nordmann Fir) An unusual and slow growing small tree, Abies nordmanniana 'Pendula' has weeping, pendulous branches covered with soft green needles.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An unusual and slow growing small tree, Abies nordmanniana 'Pendula' has weeping, pendulous branches covered with soft green needles. This plant can tied to and supported by a single vertical cane/stake to create an attractive narrow weeping tree or also be grow over a horizontal support, for example several large bamboo canes, to produce weeping veil of branches over a path, etc.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Abies nordmanniana 'Pendula' grows to be a small, weeping tree in many years.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 3 m (6 - 10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Habit - Weeping
You might also like