Abies concolor 'Wintergold'
(White Fir) An unusual and attractive conifer, Abies concolor 'Wintergold' is slow growing with buttery golden-yellow needles, which give fantastic winter colour.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual and attractive conifer, Abies concolor 'Wintergold' is slow growing with buttery golden-yellow needles, which give fantastic winter colour. New growth in spring is green, gradually turning more yellow as the year heads towards winter. Established plants can be spreading initially but generally develop a conical, upright habit in time.
Abies concolor 'Wintergold' will give its best display of leaf colour in a sunny position and ideally would prefer well drained soil. In shade the needle colour will be more towards lime green. Planting this is wet or waterlogged areas is not recommended.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Abies concolor 'Wintergold' grows to be a very small tree with a conical habit.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13) in many years / or up to 1 m (3 ft) after 10 years.
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft) / or up to 60 cm (2 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow