Abies koreana 'Blue Emperor'
(Korean Fir) A slow growing fir, Abies koreana 'Blue Emperor' has striking steel-blue needles and is suitable for small gardens or rockeries, growing with a handsome pyrimidal habit.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A slow growing fir, Abies koreana 'Blue Emperor' has striking steel-blue needles and is suitable for small gardens or rockeries, growing with a handsome pyrimidal habit. Established plants produce attractive violet-blue cones.
Abies koreana 'Blue Emperor' will produce its best display of colour if planted in a position with plenty of sunlight and may be grown in a container if required.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Eventually a very small tree with a compact and pyramidal habit.
- Height: up to 2 - 3 m (6 - 10 ft) in many years (estimated).
- Spread: up to 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: This plant is slow growing, will take many years to reach the above height.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, To grow in a pot