Abies pinsapo 'Glauca'
(Blue Spanish Fir) A stiffly upright, majestic tree with splendid steel-blue needles that are wonderfully tactile. We have found that small sections of the stems may be used as a comb, if caught short on a windy day!
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands*
For assistance or to order by phone call our office on 01530 413700
A stiffly upright, majestic tree with splendid steel-blue needles that are wonderfully tactile. We have found that small sections of the stems may be used as a comb, if caught short on a windy day!
Once established Abies pinsapo 'Glauca' has subtle, violet-purple cones which can be found nestled in the branches.
Although a very handsome tree once settled down and growing well, this is very slow growing initially and so not a plant for instant gratification!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then vigorous.
- Habit: Eventually a large tree with a pyramidal, upright habit.
- Height: 20 m (65 ft).
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft).
- Notes: Abies pinsapo 'Glauca' is initially slow growing and they are available as a young, small plants. After one or two years, once established, it starts to grow at a much more vigorous rate.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Windy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Blue/Silver
- On sale!
- Sold Out