Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluegold'
(Blueberry) A small to medium sized shrub, Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluegold' has masses of sweet blue berries in mid to late summer.
Supplied Size: 3L pot (approx 30 - 40 cm tall)
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A small to medium sized shrub, Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluegold' has masses of sweet blue berries in mid to late summer. The dark green leaves in spring / summer turn brilliant, fiery shades of red and orange before falling in autumn.
Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluegold' will produce its best crop of berries if planted in a sunny position and can be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, acid soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 - 6 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m - 6 (5 - 6 ft)
- Notes: Although self fertile, this plant will produce a much better crop of berries when planted alongside another blueberry such as Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluecrop'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Edible, Honey Fungus Resistant, To grow in a pot
You might also like