Syringa vulgaris 'Belle de Nancy'
(Lilac) A beautiful lilac, Syringa vulgaris 'Belle de Nancy' has large, scented, double mauve-pink flowers in late spring which are very attractive to bees and butterflies.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A beautiful lilac, Syringa vulgaris 'Belle de Nancy' has large, scented, double mauve-pink flowers in late spring which are very attractive to bees and butterflies. The leaves are bright green turning yellow/bronze before falling in autumn.
A large shrub or eventually very small garden tree with good late spring/early summer colour, ideal for planting in a sunny border.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Syringa vulgaris 'Belle de Nancy' grows to be a large branching shrub in the short term or eventually very small tree.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft). [3 m (10 ft) in ten years]
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft). [2 m (6 ft) in ten years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like