Vinca minor 'Ralph Shugert'
(Periwinkle) A handsome evergreen ground cover plant, Vinca 'Ralph Shugert' has creamy-white variegated leaves and masses of violet-blue flowers from late spring into summer.
Supplied Size: 2L or 3L pots (approx 3 year old plants)
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A handsome evergreen ground cover plant, Vinca 'Ralph Shugert' has creamy-white variegated leaves and masses of violet-blue flowers from late spring into summer.
Tough and reliable, Vinca 'Ralph Shugert' is happy in most soils and suitable for sun or shade. Occasional dark green shoots with no variegation should be pruned out from time to time. Can also be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Most fertile soils. Not fussy but Vinca 'Ralph Shugert' dislikes very wet, boggy soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Vinca 'Ralph Shugert' is a speading ground cover plant.
- Height: up to 15 - 30 cm (under 1 ft)
- Spread: up to 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft) per plant in time
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot, Leaf Colour - Variegated
You might also like