(Crab Apple) New to us, Malus 'Cowichan' is a very handsome spreading, tree with masses of pale rose-pink flowers in spring followed by red fruit in late summer and autumn once established.
Supplied Size: 4/5L pots (approx 2 - 3 years old, 60 - 80 cm tall)
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
New to us, Malus 'Cowichan' is a very handsome spreading, tree with masses of pale rose-pink flowers in spring followed by red fruit in late summer and autumn once established. The leaves are dark green in summer, sometimes tinged with purple when young with yellow, orange or red autumn tints.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Cowichan' grows to be a small tree with a densely branching, rounded habit. Sometimes wemi-weeping once very established.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Pruning: Malus 'Cowichan' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Fruit - Edible
You might also like