A fairly new introduction, Magnolia 'Shirazz' has eye-catching, tulip-shaped, burgundy-red flowers which appear in early spring.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A fairly new introduction, Magnolia 'Shirazz' has eye-catching, tulip-shaped, burgundy-red flowers which appear in early spring. The leaves are very dark green in colour.
Suitable for small gardens and a position in full sun or light, dappled shade. Planting in a west facing position will reduce the risk of damage to the flowers by late spring frost.
Supplied Size: 2L/3L pots (approx 2 - 3 years old, 25 - 40 cm tall)
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: March-April
- Flower Colour: Purple Red
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: A large shrub in the short term or eventually small, branching tree.
- Height: up to 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- Spread: up to 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like