Syringa vulgaris 'Katherine Havemeyer'
(Lilac) An attractive flowering lilac, Syringa vulgaris 'Katherine Havemeyer' has panicles of scented lavender flowers in early summer when established.
Supplied Size: 3L/4L pots (three year old plants, 80 - 100 cm tall)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An attractive flowering lilac, Syringa vulgaris 'Katherine Havemeyer' has panicles of scented lavender flowers in early summer when established. The leaves are bright green turning yellow/bronze before falling in autumn.
A large shrub or eventually very small garden tree with good late spring/early summer colour, ideal for planting in a sunny border.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Large branching shrub in the short term or eventually very small tree.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft). [3 m (10 ft) in ten years]
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft). [2 m (6 ft) in ten years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like