(Crabapple) An unusual small tree, Malus 'Admiration' has masses of attractive white and pale pink flowers in Spring, followed by small orange-red fruit in late summer and autumn.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An unusual small tree, Malus 'Admiration' has masses of attractive white and pale pink flowers in Spring, followed by small orange-red fruit in late summer and autumn.
Malus 'Admiration' is compact and upright when young, spreading a little once established. Slow growing than the other Malus here and not for instant gratification but very attractive once established and also lovely when grown as a multi-stemmed specimen.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White flushed with pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Malus 'Admiration' grows to be a very small tree, narrow and upright whilst young.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- Pruning: Malus 'Admiration' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Habit - Narrow
You might also like