(Cretan Zelkova) Zelkova abelicea is a rare shrub or eventually very small tree native to the mountains of Crete with an elegant habit and small green leaves.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Zelkova abelicea is a handsome rare shrub or eventually very small tree native to the mountains of Crete with an elegant habit and small green leaves.
In the UK, Zelkova abelicea seems to be most suited to a warm, sunny position and soil with good drainage.
- Position: Full sun or light dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Zelkova abelicea is tolerant of dry soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow .
- Habit: In the UK, Zelkova abelicea grows to be a large spreading shrub or very small tree in time.
- Height: approx 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft ft).
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like