Magnolia 'Margaret Helen'
An unusual small tree, Magnolia 'Margaret Helen' has masses of beautiful large, clear rose-red flowers in Spring.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An unusual small tree, Magnolia 'Margaret Helen' has masses of beautiful large, clear rose-red flowers in Spring. A mature specimen of this Magnolia in our gardens is covered with flower in approx mid April each year and is spectacular.
Magnolia 'Margaret Helen' is an excellent choice for reliable spring colour.
Supplied Size: 3L pots (young plants only)
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: late MArch - April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia 'Margaret Helen' grows to be a very small rounded tree in time.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Notes: We have found that although hardy, this Magnolia is best planted in an area which does not receive early morning sunlight in spring, as this combined with a frost can cause damage to the flowers.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like