Spiraea betulifolia 'Tor'
A tough reliable shrub, Spiraea betulifolia 'Tor' is small and compact with lush green summer leaves, autumn colour and clusters of pretty white flowers in late spring and early summer.
Supplied Size: 3L pots (approx 3 years old, 20 - 25 cm tall)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A tough reliable shrub, Spiraea betulifolia 'Tor' is small and compact with lush green summer leaves, autumn colour and clusters of pretty white flowers in late spring and early summer. The leaves turn vivid shades of orange and red before falling.
Spiraea betulifolia 'Tor' can be grown in a large container or garden border and the best flower display/autumn colour will be achieved in a position with plenty of sunlight. Multiple plants can be grown in a group to cover a large area of ground well.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Spiraea betulifolia 'Tor' grows to be a small, compact, rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 60 - 100 cm (2 - 3 ft) - or smaller if pruned from time to time.
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like